Our families and their children deserve the freedom to choose schools, programs and classes where they will thrive.
All of our schools offer strong academics as well as a variety of special programming, electives and teaching systems to meet the individual needs of students.
These offerings include:
- Building-based Highly Capable (Hi-Cap) programming in all elementary schools that provide enrichment opportunities to students wanting additional academic challenges. QUEST, our magnet Hi-Cap program at Lewis & Clark Elementary, provides an immersive classroom experience for our most high-achieving students.
- Advanced courses available to all of our secondary students that allow them to identify and act on their chosen educational path and future career. These range from opportunities to earn high school graduation credits in middle school, career and technical education and college and dual credit courses.
Our families can also participate in several specialized choice schools and magnet programs, including:
- Academy of Health Sciences (Opening August 2020): a Richland High-based program offering courses and pathways specifically designed with a future health care career in mind.
- Delta High School: a science, technology, engineering, and math- (STEM) focused school operated in partnership with the Kennewick and Pasco school districts.
- River’s Edge High School: an alternative high school aimed at supporting students who seek a non-traditional high school experience or benefit from a more independent learning environment.
- Three Rivers HomeLink: a parent partnership program where families work with instructors and advisers to craft individualized learning plans to meet a student’s unique educational needs.
- Tri-Tech Skills Center: a half-day career & technical education program for high school juniors and seniors throughout the Tri-Cities.