Career & Technical Education
From agricultural science to marketing, our Career & Technical Education (CTE) offerings let students explore technical fields in anticipation of their future careers.
Preliminary courses are available to 7th and 8th grade students with expanded classes at the high school level. Each high school also has a Career Specialist on staff to assist students in charting their paths after graduation.
CTE Programs of Study
Richland School District CTE courses are offered as part of the following programs:
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- AV Media Arts & Communications
- Business Management
- Education & Training
- Government and Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety & Security
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
Architecture & Construction
AV Media Arts & Communications
Education & Training
Government and Public Administration
Hospitality & Tourism
Law, Public Safety & Security
Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
CTE Graduation Pathway
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Course Sequence is one of the Washington State Graduation Pathway options students may use to meet their Grad Pathway requirement. Students who complete 2 credits of courses within the same CTE program area will meet this graduation requirement. A course that is used as part of a CTE sequence may also be used to meet subject area graduation requirements in CTE or in other subject areas through CTE course equivalencies.
- Academy of Health & Sciences: This program is for students interested in a health care field, whether that may involve aspirations to attend medical school or work in a medical administration office. The Academy is based in Richland High School where participating students attend a few classes each day while still being enrolled in classes at their home high school.
- Tri-Tech Skills Center: Operated by Kennewick School District and serving students in and around the Tri-Cities, Tri-Tech has CTE courses of study ranging from firefighting and broadcast to culinary arts and early childhood education. Tri-Tech’s programs are open to juniors and seniors in morning and afternoon sessions.
CTE Fiscal Analyst
CTE Instructional Specialist