Academy Of Health & Sciences
Through the Academy of Health & Sciences we aim to ready students for future careers in health care. The program offers students the opportunity to earn certifications so they can enter the industry after graduating from high school or completing up to a year of college credit toward a health sciences degree they can pursue at a college or university.
The Academy is a magnet program at Richland High School developed in partnership with Columbia Basin College and Kadlec Regional Medical Center. The Academy offers core and elective classes connected to a number of health science careers and includes Advanced Placement (AP), College in the High School, and Career & Technical Education (CTE) courses. Workforce experience such as job shadowing, internships and mentoring also form a key part of the Academy's curriculum.
Enrolled students remain part of their home high schools and attend a minimum of three classes at the Academy. Students attending Academy classes may also participate in other programs such as Tri-Tech Skills Center and Running Start.
Those interested in the Academy should contact their school's career counselor.
- Athletic Training Students Assistant (internship, Grades 10-12)
- Biomedical Science (Grades 9-10)
- Introduction To Biotechnology (Grades 10-12)
- Biotechnology 2/Biomedical Innovation (Grades 11-12)
- Careers in Health Care (Grades 10-12)
- Careers In Health Care 2 (Grades 11-12)
- Healthcare Internship (Grades 11-12)
- Home Care Aide (Grade 12)
- Honors Anatomy & Physiology (Grades 11-12)
- Kinesiology 1 (Grades 9-12)
- Kinesiology 2 (Grades 9-12)
- Kinesiology 3 (Grades 11-12)
- Medical Terminology (Grades 10-12)
- Sports Medicine 1 (Grades 10-12)
- Sports Medicine 2 (Grades 11-12)
Additional courses are in development.
CTE Fiscal Analyst
CTE Instructional Specialist