The Richland School Board has selected six finalists for a vacancy on the Board and will interview them in a public meeting on Monday, Oct. 26 before selecting one for appointment.
The Board is seeking to fill Position Three which was vacated at the end of August when Rick Donahoe resigned. All interested applicants must reside within the Richland School District and be registered to vote.
The six finalists are:
- Brooke Cannon, a former preschool teacher at Bethel Church
- Rama Devagupta, a science teacher at Southridge High School in Kennewick
- Ken Gosney, CEO of Goodwill Industries of the Columbia and former principal of Hanford High School
- Ben Griggs, a project manager for Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Samantha Mason, a clinical dietitian with Kadlec Regional Medical Center
- Amy Oliver, a fitness instructor with Gold’s Gym
Each finalist will interview with the Board in public session via Zoom for 15 minute intervals. The interviews will begin at 6 p.m. and conclude at 7:30 p.m. The Board will then go in to executive session to discuss the candidates before coming back into public session to vote on appointing one finalist to the vacancy.
The appointed board member will be sworn in at the regularly scheduled Board meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 27.