RSD is partnering with Rite-Aid to offer COVID-19 vaccination clinics for children ages 5-11 from 9 to 11 a.m. on Nov. 20 at Jefferson and Tapteal elementary schools.
There is no cost to receive the vaccine. A parent's or guardian's signature on the consent form will be required for anyone receiving a vaccination and they also must be accompanied by a designated trusted adult.
Doses are limited and advance registration is required.
Register Your Child For A Clinic
What To Bring To the Vaccination Clinic
- A copy of all insurance cards, including Medical and Pharmacy*
- Photo ID (such as driver license or government issued ID)
- Vaccine Administration Record, if available
- Completed consent form with parent’s/guardian’s signature
- Designated trusted adult
What To Expect At The Vaccination Clinic
- Potential waiting time depending on when the student and trusted adult arrives and the number of individuals ahead of them.
- Everyone who receives a dose will need to wait 15 minutes after their vaccination to be monitored for any adverse reactions.
Why Get Vaccinated?
Vaccination against COVID-19 is key to bringing the pandemic under control and protecting communities from the novel coronavirus. While no vaccine is 100 percent effective, the Pfizer vaccine has prevented serious illness that can lead to hospitalization or death.
Per Washington Department of Health guidance, fully vaccinated individuals** also are not required to quarantine after exposure to individuals who have COVID-19. This means fully vaccinated students will not need to stay home from school or activities if exposed to the novel coronavirus.
Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine Data (CDC)
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ (BFHD)
*Rite-Aid requests that individuals with insurance complete the provided insurance form so they can recoup administrative costs from insurers. Insurers are prohibited from passing these costs on to their customers. Those without insurance will still be able to receive a vaccination at no cost.
**Fully vaccinated individuals are those who are two weeks beyond their last dose of the two-shot Pfizer or Moderna vaccination regimen or two weeks beyond their dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccination regimen.