New aisles. New seating. New restrooms. Richland High’s auditorium is ready to host productions once again after its most extensive renovation in decades.
As one of the largest performing arts venues in the Tri-Cities, the auditorium has showcased students in the performing arts of all ages while also providing a stage for community performing arts groups. The renovations not only will make for higher quality performances but a more comfortable experience for the audience.
The $7.7 million project was part of the bond approved by voters in 2017.
The building was closed for performances beginning in the summer of 2020 as G2 Commercial Construction began the variety of scheduled improvements, including:
- Installation of new seating in a revamped aisle arrangement
- Stage area improvements
- Modernized electrical and mechanical systems
- New vestibule areas
- Additional restrooms
- Installation of a new roof
- Installation of exterior guardrails
- Installation of two electronic reader boards