Language Access Services & Translation
The Richland School District is committed to improving meaningful, two-way communication and promoting access to district programs, services and activities for students and parents with limited English proficiency (LEP) free of charge.
- Registration, application, and selection;
- Academic standards and student performance;
- Safety, discipline, and conduct expectations;
- Special education and related services, Section 504 information, and McKinney-Vento services;
- Policies and procedures related to school attendance;
- Requests for parent permission in activities or programs;
- Opportunities for students or families to access school activities, programs, and services;
- Student/parent handbook;
- The district’s Language Access Plan and related services or resources available;
- School closure information; and
- Any other documents notifying parents of their rights under applicable state laws and/or containing information or forms related to consent or filing complaints under federal law, state law, or district policy.
If the district is unable to translate a vital document due to resource limitations, the district will still provide the information to parents in a language they can understand through competent oral interpretation.
- Talk with your principal or a school employee you are comfortable with. A discussion with your school principal is often the best first step to address your concerns. Explain what happened, and let the principal know what they can do to help resolve the problem.
- Talk with Richland School District administration. You can also contact the school district to share your concerns. You can call the civil rights coordinator or the superintendent at the district office.
- Ask for help resolving your concerns. You may contact these agencies for more information about your rights or for assistance to resolve your concerns.
- File a complaint. To file a complaint, explain what happened in writing-in any language-and send it to the district by mail, email or hand delivery. Make sure to keep a copy for your records.
More information bout your complaint options are online www.k12.wa.us/Equity/Complaints.aspx.
If you need this information in another language, please email email@example.com.
Si necesita esta información en otro idioma, envíe un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Якщо вам потрібна ця інформація іншою мовою, надішліть електронний лист на email@example.com.
Если вам нужна эта информация на другом языке, отправьте электронное письмо по адресу firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nếu bạn cần thông tin này bằng ngôn ngữ khác, vui lòng gửi email tới email@example.com.
إذا كنت بحاجة إلى هذه المعلومات بلغة أخرى، يرجى إرسال بريد إلكتروني إلى firstname.lastname@example.org.