This project will build a new elementary in West Richland. It will temporarily house students and staff from Tapteal Elementary in 2019-20.
Bonds are for building.
In February 2017, our community approved a $99 million bond issue to build new schools, replace existing schools and make other facility improvements across our district. The bond also allowed the district to apply for about $42 million in state assistance dollars to augment the community's contributions. Projects covered by the bond included:
- Replacement of Badger Mountain Elementary
- Replacement of Tapteal Elementary
- Constructions of a new elementary school on Belmont Boulevard in West Richland
- Construction of a new elementary school in south Richland
- Renovation of the Richland High School auditorium
- Home side improvements and installation of field turf at Fran Rish Stadium
- Improved athletic fields at Hanford High School
- Construction of a new RSD Teaching, Learning & Administrative Center
- Renovation of the1982 wing of the old Jefferson Elementary into the Early Learning Center
- Classroom additions/land purchases throughout the district
This project will build a new administrative building for most district-level staff on land adjacent to Leona Libby Middle School in West Richland.
This project is a renovation of the 1982 wing of the old Jefferson Elementary into a space serving the district's Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) and developmental preschool. The renovations will take place over several years.
This project will build a new Tapteal Elementary on the same location of the school's former building in West Richland.
This project aims to update and enhance athletic fields at Hanford High School for physical education classes, marching band practices and athletic team practices and games.
This project aims to update and enhance the auditorium at Richland High School to provide a better venue for students, community groups and other performers.
This project aims to update and enhance the field and the home side bleachers of Fran Rish Stadium at Richland High School to provide a better experience for spectators and student-athletes.
This project will build a new Badger Mountain Elementary on the same location of the school's former building in south Richland.
This project will be build a new school in the Badger Mountain South residential development near Dallas Road. The building will be a prototypical design similar to that of the new Tapteal Elementary.