Our bus drivers are often the first school staff member our students meet each day. The bonds they build with children before and after each school day are critical to making students feel cared for and welcome.
Students assigned to a bus route will have a bus stop, pickup time and route information available. Students who live within walking distance of their school will not have busing information listed. Please note that kindergartners must be met by a parent or guardian when being dropped off after school until the Transportation Department has written permission to let them off with a sibling or alone.
ELink Parent Portal and the My Stop App Instructions
- When you have your students Student ID number handy click on the ELINK PORTAL button.
- Use your students Student ID number for the User Name and Password and click Login.
- You will be prompted to update your password, don’t forget to write it down.
- Have a look around. If you have more than one student you should see bus information for all of your students who qualify for transportation. If not, click on the Parent Communication link and let transportation know. Changes to personal information for any student must be completed through your student’s school secretary. Transportation cannot make any changes to student records in Power School.
- Once you have established a link to your student via the ELink Parent Portal you may download and use the My Stop App to track your student’s school bus.
Trouble Logging In To ELink
If you are having trouble resetting your password or logging in to Elink, please call the transportation department at (509) 967-6150.
There is a new process for bus passes in the 2023-24 school year. If your student needs to ride a different bus other than their normally schedule route, please follow these directions:
- Elementary: Parents please write a legible note indicating which bus route your student will be riding along with the date. Students should give the notes to their teacher or front office. Staff will fill out the bus pass and give to the student. The student will hand the bus pass to the driver when they board the bus.
- Secondary: Parents please write a legible note indicating which bus route your student will be riding along with the date. Students will need to give notes to the front office. The office staff will fill out the bus pass and give to the student. The student will hand the bus pass to the driver when they board the bus.
Route Change Notifications
Any changes in before and after school bus routes due to routing or other challenges will be communicated to families via text alert and direct email notifications as soon as possible. Families can ensure they receive these notifications by making sure their email and cell phone contact information is up-to-date with their child’s school.
We attempt to announce weather delays or closures as early as possible. Assume that schools are running on time if there is no notice of delay or cancellation on the district’s website.
Weather delays and closures are communicated via text alert and direct email notifications as soon as possible. Families can ensure they receive these notifications by making sure their email and cell phone contact information is up-to-date with their child’s school.
Weather alerts also are posted on all district and school homepages, Flash Alert, social media, and news media. Learn more about weather alerts.