Our Instructional & Student Services staff work with families and schools to ensure students have access to all our programs and are being prepared to lead fulfilling lives.
Instructional & Student Services
NOTE: Students transferring to an RSD school from outside RSD must begin the transfer process with their home district.
Richland School District considers student transfers between its schools and from outside district boundaries on a case-by-case basis. Transfer requests for students who live outside the Richland School District must originate from the district office in their home districts. All transfers are for only the given school year and must be renewed.
Please make sure to use the appropriate form for the type of transfer you are requesting. Transfer requests submitted with incorrect forms will not be considered.
All forms must be turned in to the Richland School District Student Services Office at the Teaching, Learning & Administration Center (TLAC) at 6972 Keene Road in West Richland.
Questions? Contact Lynne Wiskerchen at Lynne.Wiskerchen@rsd.edu or (509) 967-6003.
Transfer Placement Priority Procedure
First priority will always be given to district residents attending their boundary school.
- Children of full-time school employees.
- Students who have moved within the Richland School District boundary and wish to remain at their current school.
- Students who receive child care in the school attendance area (Elementary students only).
- Siblings of students currently enrolled in a non-attendance area school.
- Students making new In-District transfer requests for enrollment in a non-attendance area school.
Non-resident students requesting enrollment in a Richland school:
- Children of full-time school employees
- Students who attended the requested school last year.
- Students who have child care provided in the requested school attendance area. (Elementary only)
- Siblings of students currently enrolled at the requested school.
- Students currently attending school in the Richland School District moving up to 6th or 9th grade.
- Students making new Out-of District transfer requests.
In the event that an overload situation occurs at a particular school, the District reserves the right to administratively transfer students to another school with available classroom space.
Assistant Superintendent, Secondary
Assistant Superintendent, Elementary