COVID-19 Staff Assistance
New federal legislation expands paid sick leave and family medical leave for staff unable to work, even remotely, because of the novel coronavirus COVID-19.
Staff members applying for either emergency paid sick leave or emergency family medical leave must complete the appropriate form. All Maintenance, Operations, Transportation and Nutrition Services employees still reporting to work during the current school closure should submit their request to Richard Krasner, Executive Director of Operations, at Richard.Krasner@rsd.edu, for preliminary approval. It is critical for a staff member to communicate with their immediate supervisor on the status of their request.
All other staff members applying for emergency leave should complete the appropriate form and send it along with the appropriate documentation to Joan Gribskov, Assistant Director of Human Resources, at Joan.Gribskov@rsd.edu.
For all other leave requests not related to the COVID-19 closures and restrictions, please use the standard Leave Request Form and route through your supervisor.
Questions? Contact Joan Gribskov in the Human Resources office.
Emergency Paid Sick Leave
All district staff are eligible for up to 80 hours of fully or partially paid sick leave to if they are unable to work (including “telework”) for COVID-19-related reasons, and may use that benefit before needing to use other paid sick leave they have accrued.
Staff may use EPSLA leave when one or more of the following scenarios related to COVID-19 applies:
- Staff member is subject to a federal, state, or local quarantine/isolation order and is not covered under an agreement providing wages and benefits during that order.
- Staff member has been advised by a healthcare provider to self-quarantine.
- Staff member has symptoms of COVID-19 and seeking medical diagnosis.
- Staff member is caring for an individual who is subject to a quarantine order or has been advised to self-quarantine.
- Staff member is caring for a son or daughter if the child’s school or place of care has been closed, or the care provider is unavailable, due to COVID-19 precautions.
Under Scenarios 1-3, compensation is capped at $511 per day and $5,110 in aggregate. Under Scenarios 4 & 5, compensation is capped at $200 per day and $2,000 in aggregate.
For RSD staff:
- All current non-essential staff do not need to access this benefit at this time as the district has committed to paying those employees while schools are closed through April 24. Staff will have the option of accessing this benefit later in 2020 if one or more of the above scenarios affect them.
- For essential staff still reporting to work during school closures, Scenarios 2-5 may apply. Those staff wanting to access emergency paid sick leave will need to complete documentation to receive it.
Emergency Family Medical Leave
There is now increased eligibility for staff to access up to 12 weeks of job-protected family medical leave to care for a son or daughter whose school or place of childcare is closed due to a declared public health emergency related to COVID-19.
The following conditions apply for a staff member to access this benefit:
- Staff member must have worked for the district for 30 calendar days (including as a temporary employee).
- Staff member must be unable to work (or telework) because the employee needs to care for a son or daughter under the age of 18 whose elementary or secondary school or place of care has been closed, or whose childcare provider is unavailable, due to a public health emergency.
This emergency family medical leave would be unpaid for the first 10 days, though the staff member may use other accrued leave, including emergency paid sick leave, during that time. For the remainder of the leave, an employee may receive up to $200 a day and $10,000 in aggregate.
NOTE: This benefit is only available to those who have not exhausted their family medical leave allowance.