Student Meal Assistance
All children age 18 and younger may receive free meals at Richland schools or through delivery at select locations throughout the district beginning Tuesday, March 17 while schools are closed in response to the novel coronavirus COVID-19.
The meals will be bagged, include breakfast and lunch items and be provided each weekday during the closure. No identification is required though meals must be handed to a child. School lunchrooms will not be open to seating and children will be encouraged to take the meals home.
Weekend meal packs will be available every Friday at all pickup and delivery locations.
Additionally, printed copies of Extended Learning Packets for students in pre-K to Grade 5 will be available at all meal pickup and delivery locations Monday-Wednesday.
Memorial Day Weekend Meal Assistance Update
Staff will provide four days worth of meals at all our pick-up and delivery locations on Thursday, May 21. There will be no meal distribution from Friday, May 22 through Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day).
Students and families should bring a backpack to carry all the items home.
Pick Up Locations
Meals will be available for pickup from 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Families may walk up or drive up to be served. Pickup will be available at the following locations:
- Badger Mountain Elementary – front door loop
- Jason Lee Elementary – front door loop
- Jefferson Elementary – back door drop off loop
- Lewis & Clark Elementary – back door drop off loop
- Marcus Whitman Elementary – front door loop
- Orchard Elementary – front door loop
- Sacajawea Elementary – back bus loop off Catskill
- Tapteal Elementary – side bus loop
- White Bluffs Elementary – back door bus loop
- William Wiley Elementary – front drop off loop
- Chief Joseph Middle School – bus loop on Jadwin Ave.
- Enterprise Middle School – front door loop
- Leona Libby Middle School – side door bus loop
- Hanford High School – front door loop
- Richland High School – drop off loop on Thayer Avenue
School buses will also deliver meal bags at 11 a.m. to the following locations:
- Aaron Drive apartments (Maple Ridge Apartments, Greentree Court) – cul-de-sac (11 a.m.)
- Santiago Estates, 2105 N. Steptoe St. – mailboxes near office (11 a.m.)
- Orchard Hills Apartments, 1854 Leslie Road – on Peach Tree Lane (11 a.m.)
- Apartments in 1900 block of George Washington Way – between Kathy Ann and Casa Grande apartments (11 a.m.)
- McMurray Park Apartments, 1780 Pike Ave. – at the mailboxes (11 a.m.)
- Cedar North Apartments, 1621 George Washington Way – mailboxes near the pool (11 a.m.)
- Columbia Park Apartments, 1602 Jadwin Ave. – near manager’s office (11 a.m.)
- Duportail Avenue apartments – at Liberty Car Wash (11 a.m.)
- Hills Community on Skyline Drive – at the mailboxes (11 a.m.)
- Regency Apartments behind Target (11:20 a.m.)
- Moon River RV Park, 1963 Saint St. – at the office (10:40-10:50 a.m.)
- Quail Springs Apartments, 4711 N. Dallas Road – at the mailboxes (11 a.m.)
- Copper Mountain Apartments, 255 Bella Coola Lane – at the bus stop in front (11 a.m.)
- Desert View Mobile Home Park – north side at park office, south side Haag Street and 62nd Avenue (11 a.m.)
- Red Mountain RV Park, 7300 W. Van Giesen St. – at the office (11 a.m.)
- Westview Garden Apartments & Trailer Park – gravel parking area behind library (11 a.m.)
- North 59th Avenue & Gray Street (10:45-10:55 a.m.)
- Horn Rapids — across from the pool by the golf course (11-11:15 a.m.)
- Horn Rapids RV park by the office (11:15-11:30)