Drills are an important component of the Richland School District emergency response plan. In accordance with RCW 28A.320.125, Safe School Plans, the district conducts at least nine drills throughout the school year:
- Three drills for fire evacuation
- Three drills for lockdowns
- One drill using the school mapping information system
- One drill for shelter-in-place
- One additional safety-related drill determined by the school
The district works closely with Richland and West Richland fire and police departments, and the Benton County Emergency Services, in the development and implementation of site emergency plans to ensure the safety of students, staff, and the community.
A Parent’s Guide to Emergency Evacuation
The district has a plan in place in the event an emergency or disaster situation occurs which requires the students be evacuated from a school building. Parents and guardians play an important role in ensuring children are safely reunited with their family. Please review and familiarize yourself with this plan.